Guides & Processes
Operate with keys
To access the keys view, click on "Keys" in the left menu.
The key list view consists of three blocks:
- The search and filter block
- The list of items block
- The item details block
Create a key
- Click the "Create" button in the top right corner of the search and filter block.
- Provide the following mandatory information:
- An organization unit or a building.
- A unique Id for the key.
- A selected storage type and details. You can choose between “Manual storage” and “LivionKey automat”
- Manual storage should have a description :
- LivionKey autonat option requires an automat ID :
- You can also provide optional information:
- A logical name for the key.
- A RFID / NFC identifier if the key has some kind of RFID tag / chip.
- Press the “Create” button to complete the key creation.
- The new key will appear in the list of keys :
Update a key
- Right-click on the row corresponding to the key you want to update
- Update the needed information. You can modify the following fields:
- Selected storage
- RFID / NFC identifier
- Press “Save” button to complete the key update. If you have modified the selected storage you will be prompted to confirm the modification
Search for a key
You can find keys by using the free search tool or using more accurate filters.
Keys free search will search keys using any keywords you provide and will match it against the following:
- Key name
- Key RFID identifier
- Existing contracts id or contact
Pressing the Orgnization unit filter will open the organization unit tree selector and allow you to find the desired one.
The status filter allows to filter keys with the following status:
- Available - The key that is available at the Manual storage location or in the LivionKey automat
- Not available - The key is not available
- Deactivated - A key can be deactivated, and in that case no handover nor receiving operation is possible
- To be inserted - If a key is associated to a LivionKey automat for a pickup and the key is not available.
- Not returned in time - If a key was supposed is not returned in time
You can filter the keys that have been assigned to a specific device
Handover a key
In order to hand over a key, it has to be available.
- From the keys list, click on the key you want to hand over and press “Handover key”.
- You need to provide the following details:
- Which keys and where the key will be fetched.
- How long will the key be handed over for
- Who will fetch it and if you want to notify him
Update a Key’s contract
- From the Keys list view, click the row of a key with a key contract (pick up or return). This will open the Key Details view on the right side.
- Click the contract Id link from the selected key details view contracts section. It should forward you to the KeyContract detail view
- Enter the update mode by pressing the update Icon button on the top right corner
- Update the KeyContract information and press “Save” to complete the process
Update Key’s pincode validity
- Right-click on a key from the list view and select “Update pincode validity”
- Update the dates of the desired contract making sure there is no contract overlap:
- Press “Update” when done.
Create a key return
- Right-click on a key from the list view and select “Create a key return”
- If the key has an ongoing contract, provide the time when the customer is able to return the key to the automat at last. Update the other contract information if needed:
- Where the key will be returned
- If it is returned in a LivionKey Automat, confirm the provide Id
- if it is returned in manual storage, provide a description
- When the key will be returned
- Who will return it and if you want to notify him
- If the key has an active KeyContract all the value will be prefilled. You can then still choose the return location.
- Press “Creare a key return ” to complete the process.